Your remote should make your life easier, but if you’ve got a distinct remote for each device you own, things can quickly become confusing. You may even have different remotes for various parts of a similar TV. During this case, many of us prefer to program an RCA universal remote to regulate all their TVs, set-top boxes, and amplifiers.
Official website: RCA Universal Remote Codes
RCA Universal Remote Codes
|Durabrand||0463, 0178, 0171|
|Dynex||1463, 2049, 2184|
|Element||1687, 1886, 2183|
|Emerson||1864, 0451, 0463, 0178, 0171, 1661, 1394, 1665, 1963|
|Envision||1365, 1589, 2014, 2087|
|ESA||0812, 0171, 1963|
|Funai||0001, 0171, 1963|
|GE||1547, 1447, 0000, 0051, 0451, 0178|
|GFM||0171, 1665, 1963, 2167|
|Haier||1748, 1749, 2309|
RCA is one of the most well-known brands of universal remote controls for various appliances. Most RCA universal remote controls go with a guide that enables you to search out the corresponding code to your television. However, if you’re having trouble programming your remote, this step-by-step guide will teach you ways to program your RCA universal remote, whether or not you’ve got a code search button:
- Since programming the universal remote also can be tricky on its own, we’ve broken down the method for you.
- The first thing you’re getting to want to try and do is to form sure your new remote has batteries in it and therefore the components and devices you would like to be synced are all attached just how you would like them. All set? Now, it’s time to link the remote to the hardware. Here’s what you would like to do:
- Turn on the component or device you would like to line up.
- Press and release the button that corresponds with the component that you just are programming. For instance, if you would like the remote to regulate your TV or Blu-ray player, hit and release the TV button or Blu-ray button. The remote’s On/Off button will light and will remain lit.
- Now, simultaneously press and hold the Component button and therefore the On/Off button. The illuminated On/Off button will close up. After a flash, it should turn back on.
- Release both buttons after the On/Off button relights. It should remain on.
- Now, press and release the Play button on the remote. If the component that you simply are programming doesn’t close up after 5 seconds, still hit the play button every 5 seconds until the component turns off.
- Next, press and release the Reverse button. Wait to ascertain if the component turns back on, and press it every 3 seconds until it does.
- Press and release the Stop button to save lots of the programming for the device within the remote’s memory.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for every additional device you would like to pair together with your remote.
- If you don’t press the buttons correctly, you would possibly ruin the syncing process. this is often the most reason why it’d take some trial and error to urge the remote found out. Struggling? Just reboot the hardware, pull the batteries out of the remote, and pop them back in again, then start from the first step.
RCA’s remotes are great if you’re trying to find something simple and functional, but sometimes you’re trying to find something more — something which will act because of the total command center for your smart home. If that sounds more your speed, inspect our list of the best universal remotes. A universal remote is actually an exquisite tool that will replace all of your other remotes. The pairing is that the most challenging part of it all, but it’ll prevent plenty of time once you do.